• At the entrance of your restaurant put the certificate from medical & sanitary inspection service for the current year. This is the first sign that is safe to eat in that restaurant.
• Presence of cockroaches, flies, rats and other scavengers are sure signs of an unhealthy environment. Eliminate them now!
• Employees and persons who are working with food should look neat and clean. Attention should be paid to cleanliness and length of nails. Long nails are the ideal home for bacteria. Employees should wear protective gloves and hairnets or hats. Restaurateurs who care about cleanliness and food safety insist that their employees carry these minimal precautions.
• Toilet must have been always clean, and water pipes need to work perfectly without a dripping and the clogging. All staff should wash their hands with antibacterial soap and hot water. You could put signs to remind employees to wash their hands after visiting the toilet.
• Farrowed walls, floors as every object in restaurant need to be clean. In clean objects, there should not be even minimum of dust or grease which can be good environment for germs.
• Food remains and dirt on the floor from previous guest is the last thing that your new guest wants to see when coming in a restaurant. After each guest floor must be clean up.
• Water and food in the kitchen may not be present and effused on the floor. I your staff respect working rules and have enough working space in the kitchen you have a good basis for cleanliness and hygiene.
• Raw food, especially meat and greens should be adequately separated. Cross-contamination of these food products usually happen when raw meat comes in contact with food which is eaten fresh, such as salads.
• Only healthy employees can work with food!
• The area around the object should be clean. Place for trash (cans, containers) should be with orderly stored waste. In the case that rats or similar scavengers shows up, you should immediately take necessary measures to remove them.
• One of the good hygienic practises is disinfection of tables and furniture with disinfectant.
With these actions, you will minimize possibility of food poisoning caused by the lack of cleanliness and hygiene.
Be a part of the team of clean restaurants from where guest only come out with a smile on his face.